On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Michel Klijn <michel.kl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Aug 31, 5:39 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michel Klijn <michel.kl...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> > > Since i had
> > > JBOSS 4.2.3AG already on my system i tried this, but without succes...
> >
> > What's the failure?  Does the Lift examples/example app run okay on
> JBoss?
> > What happens in Firebug?
>
> The table won't update because JQuery is not loaded
> My javascript console tells me:
>    >jQuery is not defined
>    >http://localhost:8080/MyGame-1.0-SNAPSHOT/ajax_request/
> liftAjax.js
>    >Line 157
> and FireBugs net log:
>    > a 304 Not Modified for get jquery.js
> all works fine in Jetty

This is very, very strange.  A 304 means that the file hasn't changed and
the browser should use the cached version.  I'm downloading JBoss and will
run some stuff tomorrow.  In the mean time, try clearing the browser cache
and see what happens.

> > > 3. The three case classes: NewGame(g: Game),RemoveGame(g:
> > > Game),UpdateGame(g: Game) all extend GameMsg. In the partial function
> > > highPriority i have tried to match: NewGame(g), RemoveGame(g) and
> > > UpdateGame(g) that doesn't seem to work, but why?
> >
> > Because you're not matching UpdateGame(g), you're matching (g: Game,
> > NewGame()) => ...
> >

> Yes, because that seemed to work ;). What I meant is: that i was
> trying it this way before:
> case NewGame(g) => partialUpdate etc..
> case RemoveGame(g) => partialUpdate etc..
> case UpdateGame(g) => partialUpdate etc..
>
> In the Game Object the createUpdate method returns one of these three
> GameMsg types

What is the declaration of your case classes?  How are you sending the
message to the Actor?

Git some: http://github.com/dpp