caw1461 <caw1...@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working on a UI for a project and we are looking at the jquery
> tabs.  Currently we just have a plain menu builder site map.  we are
> thinking that a good way to create our UI is to somehow link the site
> builder with the Tabs such that each tab holds a different link from
> the site map.  I know this is slightly vague, but any advice for a new
> to lift and scala and HTML/XML.

We've made primary/secondary navigation where primary navigation is a
list across the screen (could be tabs in your case), and the secondary
navigation is dynamic based on the selected primary navigation item.

Everything is defined in the sitemap, with some custom menu snippets.

We're using LocGroup's to indicate whether an item is primary or
secondary (or something else :-) and created a snippet to render a
group:
 <lift:FZMenu.group group="primary"><li><menu:bind
 /></li></lift:FZMenu.group>

The secondary navigation has it's own snippet (it's collapsable):

<lift:FZMenu.secondary group="secondary" li_item:class="selected" />

/Jeppe