tiro <tim.romb...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Jeppe> We've made primary/secondary navigation where primary
> navigation is ...
>
> I did something similar..found it difficult to work with the default
> snippets.
> But found it hard, when writing my own group snippet, to identify the
> current Loc within the LocGroups Locs.

It's been a while since I wrote this, so don't recall if there any
issues, but this is my group snippet:

  def group(template:NodeSeq) : NodeSeq = {
    val toBind = if ((template \ "bind").filter(_.prefix == "menu").isEmpty)
        <xml:group><menu:bind/> </xml:group>
    else
       template

    val attrs = S.prefixedAttrsToMetaData("a")

    for (group <- S.attr("group").toList;
         siteMap <- LiftRules.siteMap.toList;
         loc <- siteMap.locForGroup(group);
         req <- S.request;
         curLoc <- req.location;
         link <- loc.createDefaultLink;
         linkText <- loc.linkText) yield {

      val a = (if (inPath(loc,  curLoc.breadCrumbs)) <span>{linkText}</span>
else <a href={link}>{linkText}</a>) % attrs

      Group(bind("menu", toBind, "bind" -> a))

> So Jeppe, would be very interested in your code for that snippet. Mine
> is below (only slightly modified from Menu.group). But it's not yet
> quite there.

I also used Menu.group as a starting point.....

> I also had a fiendish problem (lift 1.0.2 scala 2.7.5) when trying to
> use attributes li:class="x" li_item:class="y" on the tag. Isn't that a
> standard technique? Does it work for everyone else? For me, Scala
> chokes on that with a syntax error (further experiments suggest that
> it doesn't like two attributes with same name and different prefix,
> perhaps also because BOTH prefixes are from an unknown namespace). Of
> course it doesn't show you the exact error but faults with an
> IllegalArgumentException on scala.io.Source, but this has been
> discussed elsewhere. Anyway, that's why I have the new unprefixed
> attributes in the code below.

Actually, I think I reported this as well and this works now (at least
in 1.1-SNAPSHOT). If possible, you should upgrade to 1.1 since the error
reporting has improved a lot. The IllegalArgumentException error you see
is not the root cause in your code, but an error that happens when
trying to show the source of the error !

/Jeppe