There are very few things truly stateless in lift such as
LiftRules.statelessDispatchTable. Once you bind functions Lift creates
a name for these functions. These names are quite opaque (I think Dave
wanted to add a mechanism to allow users to specify their own
naming ...). For each page rendering these names are generated so if
you just refresh a page this names will change. This is important for
security reasons.

If you don't like this mechanism you could easily write your own
pagination using your own URL's and query string params.

Br's,
Marius