That's really odd. As far as I know the only thing JPA related that might
have changed is for the JPA Demo site (pom Hibernate version change). The
transaction handling code is all in ScalaJPA, which also hasn't changed.
JndiEMF explicitly opens a transaction before it even retrieves the EM from
JNDI, so I don't know how you could be getting that kind of error. If you
could give me more details (on-list or privately) I'd like to figure out
what's going on here.

Derek