Marcin Jurczuk <mjurc...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to first test deploy of my app :)
>
> I created package (mvn package), uploaded created war as root.war in
> webapp folder of jetty server and when running app it looks that lift
> app is running in development mode (no 404 is showed but:
> "The requested page was not defined in your SiteMap, so access was
> blocked.  (This message is displayed in development mode only"
>
> How inform maven that I'm building "production" package ?
> I tried mvn -Drun.mode=production package  - no effect ?

You don't build for deployment, it is the same war (modulus any compiler
settings or other build steps you've specified)

The lift run mode is determined at runtime, so you need to specify the
run.mode=production as a system property when launching jetty

(This is what happens with the maven command above: It starts jetty with
this system property set)

If you happen to run jetty on a Debian based Linux you can accomplish
this by:

echo "JAVA_OPTIONS=-Drun.mode=production" >>/etc/default/jetty6

/Jeppe