On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Ross Mellgren <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't XHTML schema validation turned on by default in dev mode?

It's turned off by default.

> Wouldn't it detect this case?

It's applied after the rendering is complete.  The <head>/<tail> moving
stuff is done before that at it's done by putting stuff in the <body> tag...
with all this moving around, it's possible that a sub-<body> tag might get
eaten rather than rendered.  I haven't tested it.

> -Ross
>
> On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:24 PM, David Pollak wrote:
>
> Putting a <body> tag in templates is pretty much the only way to go.  If
> you don't put the body tag in the template that surrounds a given page's
> custom content, then you have significant issues related duplication in each
> page.
>
> It is the developer's responsibility to make sure that the HTML is valid.
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:26 AM, tiro <tim.romb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it is documented somewhere in the Liftbook that one should not
>> use body tags inside a surround tag, but Lift doesn't seem to
>> complain.
>>
>> I thought I would document the phenomenon I had here since people
>> usually look in the mailing list first.
>>
>> I had used two nested surround templates, where both templates used a
>> body tag. (The inner template would start by surrounding itself with
>> the outer template, then bind the working content itself inside the
>> body tag).
>>
>> Worked fine in Lift 1.0, but in 1.1, the working content would appear
>> twice in the generated HTML, once at the very beginning, and then in
>> the correct place inside the two nested surround templates.
>>
>> Long-term, it would be great to get an error message in this case.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>

>> --

> Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp