While I admit that there is not yet enough documentation material or
at least probably not in a single place I disagree with some
complaints. The Lift book for example describes in quite detail that
request processing lifecycle, disspath functions, rendering pipeline,
LiftRules, S, SHtml, LiftResponse-s, binds,  JavaScript abstraction
and many others etc. Sure new things came up in the mean time and
we're trying to document them as time permits in many cases.

About the Lift structure being too messy, what do you actually mean?
AFAIK historically, people (a many newbies) asserted the contrary that
they really liked the Lift concepts, the ease of use and understand
how it works. For naming conventions there was a project opened and
even discussed on this public list about renaming API's but AFAIK
there was not a whole lot of feedback on this list so unless I'm
wrong, the decision was to do ad-hoc renaming as we work on various
things. This may mean deprecation of old names so there will be a
smooth transition to "better" names.

So I believe it is much more constructive for ALL of us to ask
concrete questions, described concrete problems and let's see how we
can fix it. Many things though may be subjective and leading to
endless discussions without substance.

Br's,
Marius