In this previous question:
http://old.nabble.com/%28Newbie-Question%29-How-to-do-simple-transaction-with-mapper--td26191398.html

I find the following:
import net.liftweb.*mapper*.{DB, DefaultConnectionIdentifier}
     DB.use(DefaultConnectionIdentifier) { conn =>
       conn.setAutoCommit(false)
       ... // CRUDs
       if(success) conn.commit
       else conn.rollback
       conn.setAutoCommit(true)
     }

Have you tried something like this?
I read that post but I still have the problem that I don't know where to integrate this. Override the save() function of the user mapper class? Or override the save() function of the meta user mapper class? Or add something to the beforeCreate() handlers? This last case (beforeCreate()) does not work in my opinion because I cannot start a transaction there that wraps the whole create process...