On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Dick Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks.
>
> Is the new StandardDBVendor just available the 2.0 Snapshot?

It's been around since 1.1-M7 I think.

> Do you have a link to a description of the StandardDBVendor,

/**
 * The standard DB vendor.
 * @param driverName the name of the database driver
 * @param dbUrl the URL for the JDBC data connection
 * @param dbUser the optional username
 * @param dbPassword the optional db password
 */
class StandardDBVendor(driverName: String,
                       dbUrl: String,
                       dbUser: Box[String],
                       dbPassword: Box[String]) extends ProtoDBVendor {

> [...]
> > > log file. Derby is also not getting shutdown correctly. Next time,
> > > when he restarts Tomcat, ESME fails to load and he gets all kinds of
> > > exception in the browser.
> >
> > > Once he manually kils ( with -9) the java process then everything
> > > works fine.
> >
> > > Here is (partial) stack trace from the log file is below.
> >
> > > I haven't seen this problem in jetty.
> >
> > > I was assuming that lift closed the DB connections / sessions
> > > implicitly. Now I'm not so sure.
> >
> > Dick,
> >
> > Are you sure the Tomcat process is actually shut down?  Just the brief
> look
> > at the stack trace, it's looking like the JVM process didn't get killed
> and
> > there's cruft on the local thread.
> >
> > You might also consider using the new net.liftweb.mapper.StandardDBVendor
> > rather than the roll-your-own DB vendor in Boot.  I'll add a ticket to
> make
> > sure that StandardDBVendor registers with the container shutdown so it
> > correctly closes all connections.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> >

> > > Does anyone know what the problem might be?
> >
> > > Here is a link to our Boot.scala file.
> >
> > >http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/trunk/server/src/main/sca.
> ..
> >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > > Dick
> >
> > > ================
> > > SEVERE:
> > > A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
> > > [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.threadlo...@13f79f7]) and a
> > > value of type [org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextManager]
> > > (value [org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.contextmana...@b52a28])
> > > but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To
> > > prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
> > > Feb 3, 2010 7:04:57 AM
> > >  org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
> > > INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> > > Exception in thread "pool-2-thread-14" java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >    at scala.runtime.BoxesRunTime.boxToLong(Unknown Source)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery
> > > $1.apply(S.scala:972)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery
> > > $1.apply(S.scala:972)
> > >    at scala.List.foreach(List.scala:841)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery(S.scala:972)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$_nest2InnerInit
> > > $1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(S.scala:1109)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround(S.scala:906)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround$1.apply
> > > (S.scala:907)
> > >    at
> > >  net.liftweb.mapper.MetaProtoExtendedSession$myWrapper$.apply
> > > (ProtoExtendedSession.scala:80)
> > >    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround(S.scala:907)

Surf the harmonics