Ha, ha. Brilliant. The writers of the Servlet Spec incorporated the
short-sightedness of the browser makers, who saw no point in PUTs and
DELETEs. Both POST and PUT methods include entities per RFC 2616, so why
is PUT the poor step-sister?

Maybe I'll take another look at virtual hosting in Jetty... They seem to
have ignored the spec on this point.

Chas.