Just my two cents, but InstaREPL in its basic form was just unusable for
any serious development beyond terse one-off oneliner expressions. It made
people lose focus on what is important (building expressions) to draw
attention to unhelpful error messages. Which was 9/10 times due to
expressions not being completely written yet. It was just a bad idea and
any delay timer wouldn't help it either since everyone types at a different
pace, expressions have varying length and I could go on and on about how it
sucked. The current, I would say close cousin, is much much better. It
requires intelligence (a human) to determine when done with formulating the
expression and no algorithm currently known to man can accurately predict
that based on incomplete input. Even if it would *seem* done, it doesn't
have to be: one can cut/copy/paste expressions around in a document and
only then be done so while a expression might be evaluable, say when parens
closes and are matched (balanced expression) doesn't make it so that it is
'done'.

Second point, autocomplete works here albeit lagging now and then. But
clojure core functions are displayed in the drop down, so are those
functions from external libraries and when I need/want to know what
arguments it accepts and in what order, I use `ctrl-d` to get the docstring
up. Much much faster, easier and better than any 'press F1, wait to open up
web browser, navigating to vendor page' or even `alt-tab` for that matter.

So in the end, I fully support the idea to remove InstaREPL from LT because
it promoted bad practice and I feel the core of Clojure is to have
developers focus on the important stuff, and less on the fluff/distractions
and cognitive workload e.g. OOP/imperative programming tends to burden
developers with. The complete opposite of Visual Studio and .NET
architecture, to name one place where you need to remember hundreds of
seemingly same classes and methods that have tiny differences nobody really
cares about but become important to distinguish.

My only grief currently, is the terrible windows experience I am having
with LT and I really need it to run there due to data security and privacy
policy.