Hello,

I think the local reputation is more important than upfront fees and should
be worked on first because 1) the most likely attack against the network
today is the slow jamming attack against which upfront fees are not very
effective (an attacker would only consider fast jamming if the network is
already resilient to slow jamming) and 2) I think that local reputation may
protect well enough against all types of jamming so that we don't even need
upfront fees to protect against fast jamming.
Regarding the formula itself, I would treat all scores as continuous values
between 0 and 1 instead of binary classes. My proposed formula is detailed
here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hEt1EzyPFJ3gOY7PAvtm_XotTnlQO2r7LSF8Jx34qgc/edit?usp=sharing
However my proposal is compatible with Clara's one in that the only thing
that needs to be communicated to the peers is how confident we are that the
payment will succeed and all the rest is done locally and everyone can use
their own formula. I would just prefer this confidence value to be more
than one bit but my formula would work with anything, even zero bits. The
advantage of using more bits is that we can be more precise in which HTLCs
we reject and reduce the number of innocent casualties.

Thomas