Runes today are often bound to the BOLT8 nodeid, giving both (otherwise
you need to protect your rune from being read).

I like this model *but* it requires two-way comms for setup (the HSM
tells the node its id, the node gives the HSM the rune).

Fortunately, it's trivial to support runes as an extension, and set what
the default is if they don't present one.  Allows nice experimentation.

Further discussion on the gist...

Cheers!
Rusty.