Dear lightning developers,

I'd like to discuss a new address format to send and receive payments among LN
wallets, think of a successor of the "Lightning Address", it's not a new BOLT
and
neither needs to be part of the specs but i'm writing here to collect feedback
from devs and wallet implementors. So far I've been calling it SCIDADDRESS and
at the very basic it's a *directed short channel id* that together with a
channel_announcement can be used by the sender to get the node-id of the
recipient,
then a keysend payment is sent to the recipient.

I wrote here a comprehensive description with longer explanation and a small
FAQ https://gist.github.com/araspitzu/415876f8bffd90a9d7d6b46a41b8914c.

I believe with some work the new address format can be a UX improvement for
mobile wallets and alike, especially because is reusable and short enough to be
remembered and communicated verbally, also it doesn't require running a
webserver or trusting a third party.

Best regards, Andrea.