Hi list.

First of all, Merry Christmas!

In my free time, I have been working on a lightning node using LDK,
which I've named [Lampo](https://github.com/vincenzopalazzo/lampo.rs)
(Italian for lightning), for more than 1.5 years.

The initial draft was developed as a toy lightning node to support
lnprototest [1] for LDK. During its development, I realized I was nearing the
completion of a small, self-contained SDK for building a lightning node with
LDK.
So, in March, I decided to take a shot at implementing a full node using the
Lampo SDK.

I have currently supported the first basic commands listed in the following
part of the code [2] (admittedly, it's not ideal, but a help command is on the
way),
and things seem to be working. I am also close to having integration tests
between
core lightning (cln) and Lampo, in addition to including lnprototest protocol
tests.

Hoping to attract users and contributors, I am excited to release
the first public beta version v23.12 today and begin receiving
initial feedback on features most desired by the community.
However, I cannot promise that I will implement them all—though patches
are certainly welcome, of course.

[1] https://github.com/rustyrussell/lnprototest
[2]
https://github.com/vincenzopalazzo/lampo.rs/blob/0b17902058329f5cd723411c582067da2b32c65f/lampod-cli/src/main.rs#L175-L181