On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Werner LEMBERG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Please don't change c[ ]!
>
> Do you really mean that you've used, say,
>
>  a b[] c
>
> within your score?  Currently, this is an undocumented feature, so you
> are use something from the darker corners of lilypond...

Darker corners, indeed.

:-)

The two snippets attached here come from the commission I just finished up
in February ...

In general I'm using the two-sided nibs or stubs to indicate a lone note
(ie, preceded and followed by a rest) sitting within a governing beam. (100%
of the beaming in my scores like this is manual.)

Maybe a quick mention of c[ ] in the manual could alert other modern(ist)
composers of the availability of the feature?

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača
[EMAIL PROTECTED]