On Jan 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, David Kastrup wrote:

>> I absolutely agree that everything should be in an articulations list,
>> but I think this can be done while preserving event chords.  It just
>> means that EventChords will no longer contain articulation events and
>> that all articulation events will be pulled out of NoteEvents or
>> RestEvents and broadcast at the iterator level.
>
> There is such a thing as a chord articulation.

Why couldn't this distinction be captured via a different event name?
ChordArticulationEvent versus ArticulationEvent, for example.

> What do you do with <c e g>\p then?

\p is an AbsoluteDynamicEvent and is not treated like articulations.

What would really help are some before/after examples (ly code and/or music
streams and/or brief text like "before the patch, you could not do X, after,
you can" or "this patch will allow me to experiment with implementing X") would
help a great deal.  As if it were going into the Change Log, for example.

Cheers,
MS