Hello,

On 26 April 2012 21:38, James <pkx1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No problem, but it doesn't mean that you can just do some code and
> throw it up for review without ANY basic testing your side, it should
> apply to current tree and it should also pass a basic 'make'.

Yes, before uploading a patch I make sure that it will apply and compile.
Now I also know that I should be aware that patchy is run on each patch
set, so I must check the result of it before uploading the next patch set.

> Mike, Graham and David wrote about more or less automatic running of tests
> > and presenting only the results, possibly on an unused computer.
> >
> > I realised that I have a server on Dreamhost that probably could be such
> > computer - there is unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth (to some
> > extend, I guess, but that will be enough for us). Now I'm trying to
> compile
> > Lilypond on it - there are some libraries missing, I'm in progress of
> > figuring out whether I can install it locally (it's a shared server, not
> > private one, so I don't have root on it).
>
> Did you look at LilyDev? This is specifically aimed at LilyPond
> developers who don't have the time or inclination to set up their dev
> build.
>
> It's got pretty much all you need right there and yuo can be up and
> running in a few minutes (once you have it installed).
>
> LilyDev is a pre-built Ubuntu dist with all the dependencies. I run it
> in a VM (I use KVM at home but Virtual Box at work). It might be
> simpler.
>
> See:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/installing-lilydev
>
> The instructions have been updates significantly but I am sure you can
> understand how to install an OS using an ISO file.

Well, LilyDev won't help me - on the server exists an already installed
system (Linux).

As for Virtualbox, I believe, that without having admin rights I can't
install it - correct me if I'm wrong.

> > On 26 April 2012 11:43, James <pkx1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Still requires 'someone' to 'do' something and then say 'LGTM' and I
> >> don't know what the feed back has been with regard to the
> >>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/grand-regression-test-checking.html
> >>
> >> is this just not the same thing in essence?
> >

> > Woow, what's that: http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/regtests/ for? Is
> it
> > for rating regression tests or for rating that particular result of a
> > particular test run?
>
> Phil does a pixel comparison reg test between *releases*
>
> i.e.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00078.html
>
> and has some programming experience so this is an offshoot of what he
> does with the project anyway and he offered this as a service, I am
> sure he will fill you in (I cannot find he original email I think he
> sent out).

Do you mean Phil Holmes?

Łukasz