Hello,

On 28 April 2012 23:18, Łukasz Czerwiński <milimet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2012 10:30, Graham Percival <gra...@percival-music.ca> wrote:
>>
>> As long as I'm not personally playing nursemaid for people
>> who don't run the basic tests
>

> It seems that the whole talk about running tests is only because of me not
> running them before uploading my first patches because I didn't know that I
> should do it. Do you have any other examples of committers that did not run
> tests? I guess that you don't have.

Oh yes there have been lots. I know because I used to apply patches
and run the tests manually.

The most common problems were devs 'forget' they have a 'dirty' branch
and upload their patches based on their own branches not master. So
the patch doesn't apply.

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1953 (comment #1)

This can cause hunk failures or make problems (where someone has
changed a file but not added it to their commit).

This doesn't mean they didn't run tests, necessarily, but it means
they didn't run tests against current master.

James