On Wed, 2023-01-04 at 14:39 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development wrote:
> Now, this works in our current setup, but it seems to me that there is
> an easier way to achieve this with "native" Texinfo tools: Instead of
>
> @node Translated
> @section Translated
> @translationof Original
>
> we could also write
>
> @node Original
> @section Translated
>
> which would take care of the .html file names automatically (modulo the
> lower-casing which we do for aesthetics, but that's easy and
> potentially even more debatable).
>
> The obvious downside is that references in the translated documentation
> get a bit more complex:
>  * For references in the same document (say inside the NR), we'd have
> to write @ref{Original} instead of @ref{Translated}. Together with
> @xrefautomaticsectiontitle on, this will still show the translated
> section title for PDF and HTML (does not seem to work for .info, but
> see first paragraph why this isn't actually a problem), even if it
> looks a bit weird / funny.
>  * For cross-references, we'd have to manually provide the mapping. So
> instead of @ruser{Translated}, we'd have to write
> @rusernamed{Original,Translated} to make the link text appear
> translated.

I've been working on this over the past weeks, and the changes in
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1973 implement
the new setup described above. If possible, please have a look so that
we can find potential problems before merging (and the subsequent
cleanups).

Cheers
Jonas

  • Musings on our tran... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
    • Re: Musings on... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
    • Re: Musings on... Federico Bruni
      • Re: Musing... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
        • Re: Mu... Federico Bruni
        • Re: Mu... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
          • Re... Federico Bruni
            • ... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
          • Re... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
    • Re: Musings on... Jean Abou Samra
    • Re: Musings on... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development