hi,

Thanks for your advice. I have to agree with you after finding I waste much time
trying (unsuccessfully) to convert extracts of midi with tons of triplets, rests and
dotted value notes.

However, midi2ly still has usefulness as it can convert software generated sequenced
midi (eg. maybe finale) with relatively simple rythmns.

Guess I'll will have stick back to the typing style ;)

Joshua

>It seems that almost nobody uses midi2ly for any serious job.
>To input the music from scratch, writing the .ly file directly
>seems to be as quick as using a MIDI keyboard and a sequencer,
>especially since you typically spend much more time on the additional
>annotations like slurs, dynamics, articulations, ...
>The same goes if you want to transfer a score from some other format
>via MIDI, since too much of the information is lost.
>Therefore, there has never been any incitament to improve midi2ly.
>
>    /Mats

Best regards.
Joshua Koo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]