Hello,

Yes, historically a disctinction was made between the « sub-programs » that
return a value and those that don’t, but the Scheme docs seem to use the terms
function and procedure interchangeably.

In C++, everything is a function : a procedure is merely a function that
returns a value of the « void » type, i.e. no value.

JM