> On 27 Apr 2015, at 00:18, Urs Liska <u...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

>>> I’m not convinced that you gain any benefit from using the bar check at the
>>> beginning of the bar, if your’e going to put one at the end.
>>>
>>> Have a look at this...
>>>
>>>  a4 a a a |
>>>  a4 a a a |
>>>  a4 -\tag #'no-partcombine -\f
>>>       -\tag #'midi -\ff
>>>    a a a |
>>>  a4 a a a |
>>>
>>>  b4 b b b |
>>>  b4 b b b |
>>>  b4 b b b |
>>>  b4 b b b |
>>>
>>> …where the beginnings of the bars line up vertically, and any bars which
>>> spill over on to the next line are indented. Does it lose anything from not
>>> having leading bar checks?
>> Yes: you can indent them manually, but if you use Frescobaldi’s
>> auto-indenting tool (which is very recommendable) this info will get lost.
>>
>> Yours, Simon
>
> See
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/573
> <https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/573>
>
> In that wish I asked if it is useful or just a personal use case.
> So anybody who wants to use indented lines for such cases might add a comment
> there (to "upvote" it).

I have added the following comment on GitHub:

I agree that the loss of user-intended indentation is a problem with
Frescobaldi's format feature, but I don't think this is a complete solution.
As I understand it, the idea is that the %/ combination signifies that the
_following_ line is to be given one extra ration of indentation, so code
entered thus...

a b c d
b c d e %/
c d e f
d e f g

...becomes...
  a b c d
  b c d e %/
    c d e f
  d e f g
...with the fourth line dropping back to Frescobaldi's default indentation.

This means that every line that is to be indented will have to be preceded by
%/, and that there is no way of forcing double indentation.

How would you propose switching off the %// indentation if it isn't
automatically switched off in following bars?

Michael