Am 27.04.2015 um 08:16 schrieb Michael Hendry:

See
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/573

In that wish I asked if it is useful or just a personal use case.
So anybody who wants to use indented lines for such cases might add a comment there (to "upvote" it).

I have added the following comment on GitHub:

I agree that the loss of user-intended indentation is a problem with Frescobaldi's format feature, but I don't think this is a complete solution. As I understand it, the idea is that the %/ combination signifies that the _following_ line is to be given one extra ration of indentation, so code entered thus...

a b c d
b c d e %/
c d e f
d e f g

...becomes...
  a b c d
  b c d e %/
    c d e f
  d e f g
...with the fourth line dropping back to Frescobaldi's default indentation.

This means that every line that is to be indented will have to be preceded by %/, and that there is no way of forcing double indentation.

How would you propose switching off the %// indentation if it isn't automatically switched off in following bars?

Thanks for the comments. I think they are partially valid and partially not, but that would become obvious when someone (maybe me) starts working on it. Anyway it's good they're documented.

Urs

Michael