On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n176742...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul (et al.),
>
> > a more elegant approach would be to trace the outline of the stencil,
> but that’s beyond my skills
>
> Maybe someone out there can take up the challenge?  =)

This kind of thing is definitely possible, but I don't believe we have
access to curve data that comprise the outlines themselves from within the
current set of Scheme functions. Paul's solution may be the best we can do
without some lower C++ coding. Then again, perhaps I am just mistaken about
all this due to my ignorance of some core features/functions.

- Abraham