On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Is there any way to guarantee that the order of items processed through
> > after-line-breaking is the exact order they are in the score?  I’m doing
> > some fun things with bar lines, and I’m having issues because my scheme
> code
> > isn’t getting them in the order I expect.  In the attached file, for
> > example, I expected that I would get the bar lines in order:  start
> repeat,
> > end repeat, start repeat, end repeat, final bar line.  Instead, I get
> start
> > repeat, end repeat, end repeat, start repeat, final.  If you comment out
> the
> > break on line 40, it gets even odder:  start repeat, end repeat, final
> bar
> > line, start repeat, end repeat.
> >

> > I’ve tried with both 2.18.2 and 2.19.21 and get the same behavior, so
> this
> > isn’t a regression – maybe I’m just not understanding how
> > after-line-breaking works?

Perhaps this is an issue with Windows systems.  Using Windows 7 64-bit with
2.19.21, I get (with an added location to clarify the out-of-orderness):

Unbroken bar line: .|:(2 . #<Mom 0>)

Unbroken bar line: :|.(3 . #<Mom 0>)

Left-broken bar line: :|.(5 . #<Mom 0>)

Unbroken bar line: .|:(4 . #<Mom 0>)
Left-broken bar line: |.(6 . #<Mom 0>)

and (no break):

Unbroken bar line: .|:(2 . #<Mom 0>)

Unbroken bar line: :|.(3 . #<Mom 0>)

Unbroken bar line: .|:(4 . #<Mom 0>)

Left-broken bar line: |.(6 . #<Mom 0>)

Unbroken bar line: :|.(5 . #<Mom 0>)

You might consider collecting the barlines using a Scheme engraver.  I
couldn't say whether you'd be able to manipulate them, though.

David