On Thu, 2015-11-19 at 13:31 +0100, Urs Liska wrote:

> Am 19.11.2015 um 13:01 schrieb Graham King:
>

> > Apologies for troubling you with this under-researched problem, but
> > I've just hit it as a deadline looms.
> >
> > I'm trying to turn off the colouring of ScholarLy annotations,
> > before final publication:
> >

> >         \version "2.19.21"
> >
> >         \include "openlilylib"
> >         \useLibrary ScholarLY
> >         \useModule scholarly.annotate
> >
> >         #(display "ScholarLy loaded\n")
> >
> >         % ScholarLy options: see
> >
> > https://github.com/openlilylib-archives/scholarly/wiki/Configuring-Annotations
> >         \setOption scholarly.annotate.export-targets #'("plaintext"
> >         "latex")
> >         \colorAnnotations ##f % deactivate the coloring of the
> >         annotated items
> >         % \printAnnotations ##f % stop printing clickable messages
> >         to the console
> >         % (ScholarLy options end)
> >

> > and I get the following log message:
> >

> >         \useModule utility.rhythmic-location
> >
> > /Users/grahamk/Documents/lilypond/music/Carver_Missa_lhomme_arme/Carver_Lhomme_Arme_Agnus.ly:14:1:
> >  error: unknown escaped string: `\colorAnnotations'
> >

> > The annotations remain coloured.  What am I doing wrong?
>

> It looks like you ran into an undocumented change (although I can't
> remember). Please tell me where you did \colorAnnotations from.

Not sure I understand the question.  I did \colorAnnotations from the
top level of the .ly file for my score, as above.

> \setOption scholarly.colorize ##f
>
> should give you what you want.

Brilliant! that works :)  It causes lilypond to exit with return code 1
and the message

        2: error: unknown escaped string: `\scholarly'
        \setOption
                   \scholarly.colorize ##f

but I'm happy.
As ever: many thanks for your outstanding responsiveness.