Hi Kieren,

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Kieren MacMillan <
kieren_macmil...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In my current engraving, I’m trying to include aleatoric repeats, exactly
> as seen in the example given at:
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-03/msg00247.html>
>
> I spent about an hour following the various threads around, but can’t seem
> to figure out the current state-of-the-art. (There were so many “maybe put
> this in the LSR” and “all done except X” and “I’ve updated the box repeat,
> but not the frame engraver”, etc.)
>
> Is there a canonical set of files (including examples) that I can use?

Eek. Maybe there is something more up-to-date than found at the link you
cite.  Unfortunately, this all comes from before the days I had the wisdom
to use version control with my own stuff, so I'll have to hunt around.

I think that problems have crept into the engravers as LilyPond has changed
in the meantime.  Possibly there is a quick fix, and the version you cite
is workable.  Quick fixes aside, I gave up on this a long time ago, so no
enhancements for the foreseeable future :)  (The archives give a record of
the problems I had and couldn't solve by myself.)

David