--
Note beforehand: I'm sending this from a phone, and I can't control if the
attached picture is sent inline or not - hope you can see it, otherwise I'll
have to resend it later today.
--

Hi Carl-Henrik,

Fwiw, I write jazz sheets all the time, and I've trimmed Lilypond to produce
stuff like this:

So, Lilypond is quite able to produce those complex chords you mention. This is
definitely not out of the box though ... I've put quite some work into it. But
I guess it goes along the lines of what Kieren sent you earlier ...

The question if it is sensible to go that way is something else.

Best, Robert