I needed the (seldom used) makam saba - not predefined in the maqam group. So I consulted the manual.

At the end of subchapter "Arabic key signatures" in chapter "2.10.2 Arabic music" on page
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/arabic-music
there is in subchapter "Selected Snippets" a snippet example. It is very peculiar that in this example is not even a single quarter tone. Peculiar and totally displaced and useless in this arabic notation section dealing with the special case of quarter tone notation!

At least I found a useful example for keyAlterations in subchapter "Makam example" of the chapter "World music" on page
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/world-music.

I would recommend to add a copy of that snippet to the subchapter "Selected Snippets" of chapter "2.10.2 Arabic music". That would be a time saver ... <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/saver.html>