Following on from an earlier thread[1], I have a snippet, below, that
uses a repeat to create a "D.C. al fine" structure.

The snippet throws two warnings: "cannot end volta spanner" that appear
to be caused by the "\set Score.repeatCommands" line.

Whilst I could just bludgeon these unwelcome messages with
ly:expect-warning, the conscientious bit of me is asking the list
whether they can be eliminated without hurting lilypond's feelings...

        \version "2.19.35"

        \repeat volta 2 {
          c''1
          \bar "|."
          \mark "Fine"
        }
        \alternative {
          {
            % Treat the "B" section as a first-time bar, but
            % suppress the "|1." label:
            \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
            c''1
            \bar "||"
            \mark "D.C."
          }