----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <d...@gnu.org>
To: "Simon Albrecht" <simon.albre...@mail.de>
Cc: "Thomas Morley" <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>; <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: Tuplet number direction

Simon Albrecht <simon.albre...@mail.de> writes:

On 15.04.2016 00:51, Thomas Morley wrote:
(1) The TupletNumbers are always inside the bow, I coded no
possibility to print the Number cutting the bow.
I maybe add it later.
(2) What to do at line-break?

Wouldn’t it better do disallow line-breaks during tuplets
(i.e. \override TupletBracket.breakable = ##f – if that has an
effect), or at least ignore such situations for this particular style?
Clearly, there are situations where it would be better or even
necessary to break tuplets, but I don’t think such situations occur
before 1900,

Josquin des Prez?  I've sung some Missa from him with wildly augmented
triplets crossing a number of bars.  Timing them accurately took some
math because at that speed there was no natural flow any more really.

That would be early 16th century.

--
David Kastrup

Wouldn't have been notated like that in those days - they would have used coloratio. So to notate it for singers today, you could do it any way that you choose to make it look sensible.

--
Phil Holmes