----- Original Message -----
  From: Kieren MacMillan
  Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 4:30 PM
  Subject: can \markup behave like \mark [on a single staff],or attach to
TimeSignature

  Hello all,

  I have a score where (e.g.) a 12/8 measure is broken up in different ways
depending on the staff (see attached screenshot).

  Currently, I’m coding this as a \markup on the first note, and then using
#'X-offset to align it to the time signature. But this requires
trial-and-error, and the alignment changes slightly almost every time the
layout changes.

  Is there any way that I can either:

      1. use \mark instead [so that I can use the auto-align features of
RehearsalMark], but have it appear only on the Staff it’s added to; or

      2. attach a TextScript directly to the TimeSignature [so that I don’t
have to manually tweak the #’X-offset]

  ??

  Thanks in advance for any hints/help,
  Kieren.