David Wright <lily...@lionunicorn.co.uk> writes:

> I like being able to type   \time 2,2,2,2 8/8
> but is there a way to specify the same beaming pattern
> as briefly when it's really 4/4, so I don't get groups
> of four quavers?

I have no idea what you mean with "when it's really 4/4".  Is the meter
printed as 4/4?  Or as 8/8 but it should be beamed like 4/4?

Could you write some actual code and tell what is wrong with it?  Or
even better: when you state "as briefly" that implies that there is a
way to write it verbosely that you know of.  How about showing the
verbose code that actually does what you want so that one has a chance
at guessing just _what_ effect you would have wished to express more
succinctly?

--
David Kastrup