On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:45:51 -0500
David Wright <lily...@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> This is true, they are not. In fact, I don't quite understand what
> you mean by "applying" \global "to the music parts". All the Voices
> are just Voices, aren't they?
>
> Anyway, the repeat structure has to be in all the parts
> as summarised by David K in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-07/msg00427.html
>
> > Specifying the structure of a score in \global is wonderful, it just
> > doesn't work with midi.
>
> Which suggests that you haven't copied repeats into all the parts.
> But what "doesn't work" for you exactly? (We need to be told before
> we can start looking at a problem.)

First of all, it isn't as much a problem (as in 'bug') but —for me, at
least— a 'nice to have'.

I find it very confusing that (see example t1) the repeats from
\global are *shown* in all staffs, but not effective in the midi.
The fact that they are shown gives the impression that they are effective,
as in example t2.
\version "2.19.45"

global = {
  s1 \bar "||" \repeat volta 2 { s1 } s1 \bar "|."
}

one = {
  c'4 e' g' c'' |
  c'4 e' g' c'' |
  c'4 e' g' c'' |
}

two = {
  g4 c' e' g' |
  g4 c' e' g' |
  g4 c' e' g' |
}

music = {
  <<
    \new Staff << \global \one >>
    \new Staff << \global \two >>

}

\score {
  % Note that the repeat symbols (from \global) appear on all staffs.
  \music
}

\score {
  % Note that the music does not repeat.
  \unfoldRepeats \music
  \midi{}

global = {
  s1 \bar "||" s1*2 \bar "|."
}

one = {
  c'4 e' g' c'' |
  \repeat volta 2 {
    c'4 e' g' c'' |
  }
  c'4 e' g' c'' |
}

two = {
  g4 c' e' g' |
  \repeat volta 2 {
    g4 c' e' g' |
  }
  g4 c' e' g' |
}

music = {
  <<
    \new Staff << \global \one >>
    \new Staff << \global \two >>

}

\score {
  % Note that the repeat symbols appear on all staffs.
  \music
}

\score {
  % Note that the music does repeat.