On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 11:57 +0100, Robert Blackstone wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> Ref.: "You have to use \slurUp at the moment a slur is _started_, not
> when it already had ended." That sounds perfectly logical but

I think you may not be aware that the word "moment" here is being used
as a LilyPond-specific technical term - meaning something like "the
particular time in the course of the music". As David explains it does
not specify a place in the syntax, but the place you choose must be at
the correct "moment" (? and syntactically earlier?).

Richard
corrections to my understanding welcome!