On 28/2/17 3:23 pm, David Wright wrote:
Sorry. I was labouring under the misapprehension that you _wanted_
staves starting mid-page (as in your OP, but placed correctly between
the upper voices and the piano), and that Klaus was advocating
frenching the score instead.
Not really. What I want is to bring a staff into existence for a small
amount of time, and that case is solved, but I was also interested
in the general case.

The general case is that you have a complex score with many varying
combinations of parts in unison on occasions, and you need to
reduce it down to a size such that the singers and the rehearsal
pianist have a fighting chance without turning a page every two seconds.

Thankfully not something I have to do...

Andrew Bromage