https://scheme-book.ursliska.de

  "Iterating over the elements of a list is an extremely common programming
task. However, this is an area where Scheme is quite different from other
languages, and its idioms are very elegant - once they are not confusing
anymore. It is therefore important to really understand this topic in order
to work efficiently without being constantly frustrated. "

LOL!

Yes, I think this document should be my first port of call!!

Thank you for the link!