Hello Urs and all,

Following your excellent instructions on the dependenicies, always
difficult to work out, especially when detail is missing, I am immediately
presented with the same old core dump on startup, as per usual. I am using
Ubuntu 17.10, kernel 4.13.0-21-generic (not that the kernel would make a
difference!).

Clearly there are deeper dependencies and issues at play here. I would not
have imagined a python program could be so troublesome, and so difficult to
understand and fix. I guess it is due to the complexity of the Qt ecosystem
world.

I remain stuck on Mint 18 for F&L at the moment therefore. Annoying, as all
my other work is on Ubuntu 17.

Andrew