Hi all,

I must add some more confusion to this issue.

I just had the opportunity to install a new OS from scratch and did (exactly)
the following:
        * Install Ubuntu MATE 17.10 from DVD
        * sudo apt update
        * sudo apt upgrade
        * sudo apt install etckepper (definitely not related to all of this,
but just for sake of completeness)
        * sudo apt install frescobaldi

This gave me a *working* installation of Frescobaldi, including LilyPond 2.18.2
and both the PDF and the SVG viewer working properly

After making the frescobaldi and python-ly Git repositories available (and
installing Git itself) I could invoke frescobaldi directly wtih
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/path/to/python-ly python3 /path/to/frescobaldi

which gave me a working "development" version of Frescobaldi.

I haven't yet figured out how to add a menu entry for the Git installation (it
seems the package manager installation "shadows" the other one), but I have to
state that I *did* successfully install Frescobaldi 3 on a clean Ubuntu 17.10
installation without *any* dependency problems.

Urs

28. Dezember 2017 08:55, "Andrew Bernard" <andrew.bern...@gmail.com