Hi All,

I don't think it's case closed yet.

Although this is referring to pdflatex, it directly references problems
with Skim and file notifications in the Mac OS kernel.

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/36504/latexmk-pvc-option-breaks-when-compiling-beamer-class/36585#36585

There may be something similar in our context with ghostscript etc, and
definitely we don';t know enough about Mac OS internals and files and
notifications.

Also, allow me to clarify. When I said I cannot reproduce the problem, I
went on to say that Preview is erratic. So in fact, I can reproduce the
problem (apologies for being obtuse!). Preview only updates sometimes after
a compile - this is what I mean by erratic.

It would be interesting to get to the bottom of this matte, but I fear we
are dealing with deep internals issues here, in remote regions normally
untrodden by mortals - the Mac OS kernel.

Skim works for me, but there seems to be something related to large files.
I am trying one line scores, but Kieren I would imagine you have very large
orchestral scores. This could be part of the plot, with file writes we
don't fully have a handle on.

Andrew