Hi Andrew

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:51 AM Andrew Bernard <andrew.bern...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> Why are quartertones technically wrong?

Quartertones are wrong for harmonics (especially "natural" ones), because
neither the finger position nor the resultant pitch are equivalent to
equal-tempered quartertones. They are, at best, an approximation; and as I
write music in just intonation, a misleading one that I avoid. But like I
said: this is an example of a Stockhausen piece, and as he didn't care
about tuning properly and I don't care about his music, I'm not going to
invest the energy into doing it the right way.