PS- also, I've made use of http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=875, which
gets the notes in the correct positions. My example now looks like this:
-----------------------
\version "2.19.82"
\relative c, {
\clef "bass_8"
\textLengthOn
  \override Staff.NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
  \override NoteHead.style = #'harmonic-mixed
  <<
    {
      \oneVoice
      eih^\markup { \right-align "Sul D" }--\harmonic
    }
    \\
    {
      \oneVoice
      \textLengthOn
      \tiny
      \override Stem.stencil = ##f
      \override Flag.stencil = ##f
      \override ParenthesesItem.font-size = #0
      \set Staff.ottavation = #"15ma"
      \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.direction = #UP
      \set Voice.middleCPosition = #(+ -1)
      < \parenthesize ceh'''>4 s
      \unset Staff.ottavation
      \unset Voice.middleCPosition

Problem now is, Lily isn't avoiding collisions between the markup objects
and grobs on other staves. Neither the markup nor the Staff.ottavation text
block are given place, instead overlapping the voice above. How can I fix
this?

Cheers,