On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 11:04 AM Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarensk...@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2019, Paolo Prete wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/paolo-prete/LilyJSSVG
>
> > Unlike the previous script, there is no need for copy and paste: the
> editor offers a textarea that is automatically updated following mouse
> actions, plus a button
> > for compiling .ly files.
> >
> > You can make any changes you want. Save / compile and go on modifying:
> the functions requested by Urs have therefore been implemented.
> > It should be simple to use (a mini how-to is on the project's Github
> homepage and in the example .ly file).
>

> This project is growing into serious and really usable stuff. Thanks!
>
> remarks 1:
>
> I kind of liked the old copy/paste actions of the primitive preview
> versions. I liked that your script helped me to find the perfect values to
> enter in my \shape functions for Slurs for example. But in the endresult
> my lilypond score did not need to include LilyJSSVG.ly and did not need
> all these new \jsXxxxx versions of already existing commands.
> Or is this still possible, but I haven't understood how yet?

The previous implementation had two big disadvantages, which are avoided in
this version:

1) You had to copy/paste each modification. In the current way, instead,
you put the token ( \jsXXX ) only once before the corresponding grob. And
then the editor will be automatically updated at each modification.
Please note that the new expressions follow the Lilypond naming convention,
with a "js" prefix (which means that no additional names have to be
learned/remembered)

2) You could not compile and then apply a new modification  (you had to
delete the expression and reset the shape to its default)

> remark 2: The LilyJSSVGCompileHelper.py script only works with Python2 and
> is not compatible with Python3.
>
> --

Sounds right. Please open an issue token in the project's page ("issues")
and I'll fix it asap

Best,