>>> By the way, the Type::Enhancement label expresses no judgement about
>>> wether the
>>> issue is a major one. It's to be understood as opposed to Type::Defect:
>>> this ticket
>>> is about an enhancement because the current output is consistent and
>>> there is
>>> no crash.
>>>
>>> I opened https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6005 .
>>>

>> I would not proceed in this way.
>> The lack of a cautionary pedal on a bracket could be seen as an
>> enhancement only in a self-referential context, which doesn't make sense to
>> me. A proper way to proceed is to check what modern professional engravers
>> do with it, and check as a consequence if Lilypond is coherent with them
>> (-> common practice)
>> AFAIK nobody uses a bracket without a starting word in professional
>> engraving, it would have too many bad side effects. And opening an issue as
>> an enhancement IMHO will weaken the urgency of fixing this.
>>
>> Best,

> Not that anyone asked my opinion, but I feel compelled to point out:
>
> 1) There should NOT be any sense of urgency, since nothing is broken.  It
> just doesn't work the way you want to, it's not as good as it could be.
> There are workarounds.  It is something that is needed in surely less than
> 1% of all sheet music, so it is practically speaking, irrelevant.

This percentage is meaningless for me. I would ask, instead: "how many
scores published by professional engravers do use a pedal bracket with a
cautionary text? "
AFAIK, 100%, not 1%.
But this is what I know, and I could be wrong. Then I asked
for counterexamples (to Kieren, in the previous post).

If I'm right, then the pedal brackets are pretty unusable, at the moment,
without a hack.

If I'm wrong, I agree there should not be any sense of urgency, as you
wrote.

2) Your complaining about the lilypond community process for how the issue
> was tagged will probably reduce anyone's interest in working on it.  So,
> even if you do succeed in getting it tagged as more urgent, it will likely
> be a pyrrhic victory.

I won't see the thing like a battle of someone against someone else. It's
an interesting question which deserves further study, IMHO.

Best,