> On 5 Aug 2021, at 08:35, Michael Hendry <hendry.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4 Aug 2021, at 15:50, Andrew Culver <cul...@anarchicharmony.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Michael Hendry
>>
>> FWIW - I installed Lilypond 2.22.1 on Catalina using MacPorts. “nerdling"
>> has also amiably posted version 2.23.3 there as of now.
>>
>> I made a little cheatsheet after my own successful install. Here it is:
>>
>> Installing and using Macports for LilyPond
>> https://www.macports.org/install.php
>> https://guide.macports.org/#installing #better
>> # Xcode must be up to date (see link immediately above)
>> # keep macports up to date
>> sudo port -v selfupdate
>> # search for lilypond ports available
>> port search lilypond*
>> # search for all ports related to lilypond
>> port search lilypond
>> # installing a port help
>> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.install
>> # installing lilypond
>> sudo port install lilypond
>> # also see port clean and port uninstall
>> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.clean
>> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.uninstall
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Andrew Culver
>
> Thanks, Andrew.
>
> I tried the above and got:
>
> michaelhendry@iMac ~ % which lilypond
> /Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond
> michaelhendry@iMac ~ % /Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond
> --version
> Bad CPU type in executable -
> /Users/michaelhendry/.lyp/lilyponds/2.23.3/bin/lilypond
> michaelhendry@iMac ~ %
>
> Will investigate further, but probably not today.
>
> Michael

Michael,
looks like you have multiple package managers in play.
For plain MacPorts Lilypond would've been in the /opt/local folder structure.
Yours appear to reside in folders of the Ruby Version Manager. I didn't know
it, but looking at their site version and MacPorts configuration are a bit
blurry to me.
They have https://rvm.io/integration/macports-before-autolibs and
https://rvm.io/integration/macports.
In the past I've had issues mixing multiple package managers on Mac OS, so in
the end I've decided to only use MacPorts. With a plain MacPorts I've never
encountered an issue with the Lilypond port.

kind regards,
Hans