Le 18/08/2022 à 14:18, Ian West a écrit :
Thanks gentlemen. You have been most helpful.

  * I am motoring with the 2.22.0 manual; so far everything is
    working. When it does not, I shall search out the 2.20 as you suggest.
  * I started to load Frescobaldi, and indeed downloaded
    MacPorts-2.7.2-12-Monterey.pkg. But could not face it. I have seen
    command line used, once, but would have to look up how to use it.
    Too much I fear.

You don't know to know how to use the command line in order to use
the .pkg installer. Quoting the tutorial: “In the Finder, double-click
on the file to run the installer.” It's as simple as that :-)

Best,
Jean