Le mardi 28 mars 2023 à 21:40 +0100, John Whitmore a écrit :
> I'm not even sure that I have the correct terminology for why I'm trying to
> achieve. I've been trying to find info in the bar sections but so far haven't
> found what I'm looking for.
>
> I'm trying to write out a tune whose first bar is incomplete, whilst the
> piece is in 4/4 the first bar only contains a triplet:
>
> \tuplet 3/2 { a'8 b' cs'' } |
>
> There are no rests in the bar it's just that triplet, which would be
> equivalent to a 1/4 note, I think. So that bar is only a quarter the length
> that it should be for the bar check.
>
> The last bar of the piece is the mirror of that first bar and is only 3/4
> full:
>
> fs''8 g''  fs'' e'' d''8 r8 |
>
> Unfortunately the above will fail the first bar check and then rearrange all
> the bars to move the bar breaks making that first bar a complete bar.
>
> I've tried to remove all the bar checks from the piece and manually add the
> bars with '\bar "|"' But that gives me my manual bars plus where lilypond
> thinks the bars should go.
>
>             \tuplet 3/2 { a'8 b' cs'' } \bar "|"
>             d''4  fs''8 d''  g'' e'' fs'' e'' \bar "|"
>

> I end up with alternating bars which are 1/4 full and 3/4 full the whole way
> through the piece.
>
> Probably missed the section of the manual which I need for this. Any
> direction would be gratefully received.

This one from the Learning Manual: [Partial
measure](https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/learning/advanced-rhythmic-commands.html#partial-measure),
 and this one from the Notation Reference:
[Upbeats](https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms.html#upbeats)

At the beginning of the piece, use `\partial 4`. At the end, just don't put a
bar check.