> On Apr 11, 2023, at 4:43 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The instructions for the installation of the lilyjazz fonts for Mac OSX
> assume that lilypond is installed as a conventional Mac App, and refer to
> “INSTALLDIR/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current” with
> subdirectories for fonts, but there doesn’t appear to be a .DMG version
> available, so I copied the lilyjazz fonts into the corresponding directories
> in ~/lilypond-2.4.1

This has been my experience, also. I think if the font and/or app is not
installed In The Apple Way, applications like LP can't find them.  When I
upgrade Lilypond, each time I have to manually install the lilyjazz fonts into
the appropriate Lilypond subdirectories or they don't get used by LP.  Apple is
not helpful for things like this.